Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Staff (resigned)

Last week, a new staff was given to me by the boss, he said she'll be handling half of my work and she's graduated from a very well-known university.

First impression was NOT so good..
She was being introduced as other person's staff instead of mine and it took till 2pm before she was literary given to me.

Within few short hours, I informed her all the basic things she'll be doing...

The next day, she started to come to work and intro her to the board and given her company's email id, job desc, and asked her to intro herself later on to co-workers.

The idea ended up as a very annoying email ...

She sent a very informal email of one-liner to everybody using local language even to foreign colleagues and suppliers... that one-liner include emo ... and that email also was sent to the boss..

What a GREAT impression .. so I quickly sent an email to everybody to disregard the mail.
I asked her about this and she said she just sent to everybody found on her contact list.. without asking or knowing - who they are, what they do, and how's the relationship with the company... *perfect smart kid* ... !
I told her right to her face that what she did was unethical and informal, that work place is not a community of her friends of same ages who shares same interests .. in short : this is not Facebook !

Days passed by ..
Things she did for me were more on data back-up, so she had to check all the details with other depts. During the checking, she didn't ask thoroughly for things listed, so when she reported back to me, I asked her to re-do the work...

So, I was like... Huh..?
Is this what you call checking ..?? You don't know where it will lead you ..??

Then finally - today - she came to my office, told me that :
1. she couldn't understand the job
2. the job was not like what she's imagined
the point was : she wanted to resign.

So, I asked her, what kind of stuffs you imagined about the job ..?
She said that it's really not like this - no further explaination.
Again I asked her, whether she wants to work in other dept as per her study.. ?
She said not now, she felt she's not into it at the moment
I was like ... *HELLO???*

Then I asked her again .. what exactly she has in mind about her future job..
She said she didn't know yet ...

So - no more talking - I said okay, you can go back to your desk, I'll finalize things by noon.

OMG ... what's this eh ..?
I mean, she graduated from college - its about time to do some work, or at least be serious at it, if not, then don't take the job..

My crystal ball said - she'll find a rich husband, do some fancy gatherings, shop around the mall, chit chat with friends ... not a career type ..

Later that day I just found out that she once worked as an account executive in a bank, main job was - finding customers - that's it.
Seeeeesh... how could this person got into my boss' head ..?????
Crazy ....

Heck, no matter what ... by March it's FINAL .. !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment